Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Session timeout in WHM , cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tata13, Jul 25, 2006.

1. tata13

tata13 Active Member

Any respond apreciated

I just open a link in my i.e browser thats already open WHM and i just click back button and my browser back to WHM , is there any session timeout in WHM or cPanel ? so if we leave our browser idle for some minute , I must login again to access cPanel or WHM .

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

your session lasts as long as your browser is open, regardless of whether or not you opened a new window to go back to whm

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tata13

tata13 Active Member

Is there any setting in cPanel to make session in cPanel and WHM have a timeout or expired ?

4. Edizon

Edizon Well-Known Member

I do not think there is, however I wish there was. I always come home to find WHM still open on my browser. This would make a nice feature.

How insecure is it to leave your WHM connection open anyways? Ah who cares its only root. =o)

I think I leave my WHM open 24/7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

So long as you're connecting through SSL, there shouldn't be a problem. It's more tricky establishing the concept of a session in perl, which is what cPanel is mostly written in, but by no means impossible.