Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sessions Save Path Changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoWilkes, Apr 29, 2017.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A few weeks ago, I logged in to WHM and I would SWEAR that I had an update that the sessions files were being moved from /tmp/ to... somewhere else.

I still see that /tmp/ is the default setting for session.save_path in PHP configuration, though, and I can't seem to find anything about it on here or with Google.

Did I dream that it was supposed to be moved, or was it an optional thing that I should be considering?

2. fiif

fiif Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes the default path was updated a few weeks ago from /tmp to /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea3 (different path for Ea4 but I don't have that noted atm). I know for us this change caused major issues and so we updated all servers to stay on /tmp, must people here who had issues did the same I believe.

It's possible due to the issues it's caused cPanel revert this later that day as I've not seen anything about it since.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator