The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set a default custom Paper Lantern style.

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by PCZero, Jul 18, 2015.

1. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

How do I do the following?

1) Set Paper Lantern as the default theme for new accounts.
    2) Set my custom Paper Lantern style as the default style.
    3) Change all existing accounts to the defaults set in 1 & 2.

Once I do that I can set the Feature Manager to disable Theme and Style switching. This will enable me to lock users to my one custom Paper Lantern style. While this is not ideal, until the features of Paper Lantern are complete it is the only way I see to have Paper Lantern without the canned styles.

2. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

3. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

For further clarification, I want to set these defaults at the root rather than the reseller level.

4. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

I had my handful of custom PL styles set up at the root level and they all four showed up in the cPanel switch style feature. I read that to set a default, the styles had to be set as a reseller. SO I did that and the style that I set up as a reseller does NOT show up in the cPanel switch style feature and I still see no way to set a default.

5. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    To set Paper Lantern as the default theme for all new accounts, visit WHM and click 'Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup'. From there alter the dropdown labeled "Select a default theme for the cPanel interface". (Remember to also modify the Webmail default theme too). This will only set the default for any new accounts created in the future.

Regarding setting a style as the default for Paper Lantern, we go into detail in "How to set a default style with Paper Lantern". While resellers can do it from within the Change Style interface of their cpanel account, doing so from root requires SSH access to the box.

We actually describe how to set pre-existing packages/plans and accounts to Paper Lantern (or any other valid theme) in "Upgrading to Paper Lantern". With 11.50, we released two new scripts which make batch-changing theme settings of accounts and packages/plans a snap. While this blog post concentrates on the two new scripts, you can also achieve the same goal by using the "Multi Account Functions » Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts" feature inside WHM too.

6. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Thank you I found that after hours of reading through the documentation. (FYI that documentation is in need of attention, it is not organized very well.) I still want to be able to do all of the following...

Assume I have set PL as the default THEME.
    Assume I have set ABC123 as the default STYLE.

1) I want to make ALL existing accounts use the new PL - ABC123 THEME/STYLE combo WITHOUT having to change all 75 accounts one at a time.

2) I want to make ONLY my custom PL STYLES (ABC123, DEF456, GHI789) available for users to select from in the Change Style option. I do NOT want them canned generic non-custom PL Style to be available at all.

Please comment.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate further on how the steps from the http://blog.cpanel.com/how-to-set-a-default-style-with-paper-lantern/ URL are not allowing you to make this change?

Your feature request for this is open at:

https://features.cpanel.net/topic/paper-lantern-allow-disabling-of-the-stock-paper-lantern-styles

Thank you.

8. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

I am not asking how to set a DEFAULT theme. That is all your link tells me how to do. I have already set the default. This not the issue. I want to be able to create multiple custom PL themes. Then I want to have all of my users be abel to selcet any one of those custom themes BUT NOT be able to select the canned out of the box non-custom theme. I want to disable the canned theme just like I could in the X3 live editor.

9. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you elaborate further on what's different from this request compared to the existing feature request that's referenced?

Thank you.