Set default language on wordpress manager

karlog

Registered
Jan 26, 2017
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

I got a request from a customer to set default language on all future WordPress installations on the server. But I am unable to find any documentation about how to change de defaults on the WordPress Manager. I understand that the change would be server wide and that is no issue.

If possible I would also love to know where the install files are located, as I would love to add some default plugins in order to optimize my customer's workflow.

Best regards Benjamin

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @karlog,

There's no support to customize the default WordPress configuration settings at this time. I encourage you to open a feature request for the ability to define the default language used in WordPress installations:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, one potential solution is to develop a custom bash script that automatically finds and modifies the newly installed WordPress files and databases. You'd setup the custom script to run automatically as a post hook for the "Cpanel::Api1::cPAddons::mainpg" event that runs after every cPAddon is installed. You can read about this cPanel API 1 function at:

cPanel API 1 Functions - cPAddons::mainpg - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You can read more about hooks at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Reactions: cPanelLauren