Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Set default language on wordpress manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karlog, Nov 10, 2018.

1. karlog

karlog Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I got a request from a customer to set default language on all future WordPress installations on the server. But I am unable to find any documentation about how to change de defaults on the WordPress Manager. I understand that the change would be server wide and that is no issue.

If possible I would also love to know where the install files are located, as I would love to add some default plugins in order to optimize my customer's workflow.

Best regards Benjamin

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @karlog,

There's no support to customize the default WordPress configuration settings at this time. I encourage you to open a feature request for the ability to define the default language used in WordPress installations:

Submit A Feature Request

In the meantime, one potential solution is to develop a custom bash script that automatically finds and modifies the newly installed WordPress files and databases. You'd setup the custom script to run automatically as a post hook for the "Cpanel::Api1::cPAddons::mainpg" event that runs after every cPAddon is installed. You can read about this cPanel API 1 function at:

cPanel API 1 Functions - cPAddons::mainpg - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You can read more about hooks at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

cPanelLauren likes this.