The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set email quota for multiple accounts at one go

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Vijai, Jul 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vijai

Vijai Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I recently moved from directadmin to cpanel and the migration team did the migration for me. I had set email quota for all emails in directadmin which upon migration turned to be unlimited. I cannot manually set quota for over 40 email accounts. Is there a way where I could set a specific limit for all the accounts? There is really only 2 accounts which needs unlimited quota.

Also, how could I restore the address book from my old roundcube in directadmin to the cpanel roundcube?

Regards,
    Vijai

2. Ameya Barwe

Ameya Barwe Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

There is only setting present in the WHM > Tweak Settings > Default user-defined quota value for new email accounts
    which allow user-defined quota value for new email accounts but no other settings to set a specific limit for all existing email accounts.

And take a look at this link to import/export address book for Roundcube.

3. Vijai

Vijai Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you. I restored my contacts by backing up db in old host and restoring it in new.
    And I'm quite disappointed to not able to set quota as now, I need to go through 40 accounts to set the quota manually

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can respond to your existing migration support ticket and request we make this change for you, if you prefer. Or, you could use a UAPI function to change the email account quotas via the command line:

UAPI Functions - Email::edit_pop_quota - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.