The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set Proper IP Address for License

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by wrongchris, Feb 13, 2016.

1. wrongchris

wrongchris Registered

Feb 13, 2016
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everybody. First of all sorry for my english, long time withot talking, and i don't know if i'm posting this threat on correct forum.

Well, i'm not a sys admin, just somebody who are learning how to administrate all my sites in a dedicate server.

Yesterday, after 3 months all working good, i got the msg: Cannot Read License File

I made everything that cPanel recomend:
    • To ensure that the server is licensed, navigate to cPanel & WHM License Verification | cPanel Inc., and enter the server’s public IP address. My ip is licensed.

• If the server is licensed, run the/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt command as the rootuser.
      Done and i get that the license is expired, but the IP is another one that mine primary.

I contacted with OVH and they can't give an answer (gooood!) and cPanel told me what i know, that my my primary IP is licensed but the IP that is "sended" is this another one where i don't have any license.

OMG!! What can i do? How i can change this IP? How can i define my main IP as main?

Thank you all for your help.
    #1 wrongchris, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The licensed IP needs to be the IP address the server makes outgoing connections from. For instance, it's the IP address that's output when you run this command from the server:

lynx -dump
    You could simply change the IP address that's licensed for cPanel if your server makes connections from a different IP address.

Thank you.