The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set up outlook express

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scrapbooklover, Apr 22, 2004.

1. scrapbooklover

scrapbooklover Registered

Hello
    I've been trying to get email set up from cpanel to outlookexpress.
    I'm using mail.mydomain.cocm
    for both pop3 and SMTP - that's what I was told to do. I can receive mail, but can't send any. Here's the error I get when I try to send mail. I tried the auto configure already and that didn't work either.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.scrapbookloversdream.com', Server: 'mail.scrapbookloversdream.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

More than likely your ISP is blocking port 25.

Try the following from the Windows cmd line and see if you get a response from the server:

telnet mail.scrapbookloversdream.com 25

If you do get a response, type quit to exit - you've probably got an OE mis-configuration.

If you don't get a response, then under WHM > Service Manager > exim on another port, you can run your SMTP server on another port (26 as default). You should then change OE to use port 26 instead of port 25 for SMTP.

3. scrapbooklover

scrapbooklover Registered

outlook

I tried port 26, that didn't work. Can you tell me is WHM in the control panel or in OE?

4. dotsupport

dotsupport Registered

Make sure that you check your email immediately before sending any.
    If your email client has a checkbox for "SMTP Authentication", check it.
    If you are behind a firewall,the server may be unable to authenticate you. If you have a personal firewall, try lowering the security.
    If you're on Microsoft Outlook, sometimes it just hangs.
    Call your ISP and ask if they block people sending through remote SMTP's. Some are doing that, though relatively few.
    Use your ISP's SMTP server. In your email client, put the SMTP server that you use to send out your ISP email, and your email will still appear with your domain name and your domain name as a reply-to if you set it up properly.

5. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Are you the owner of this server, or just a hosting customer? Unless you are the owner, you won't have access to WHM.