The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seting up cluster servers and moving accounts

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by nbento, Apr 20, 2006.

1. nbento

nbento Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Hello all.

I have 2 servers wich I want to set up on the cluster as master and slave to be able to run accounts (sites) on both.
    I already sated server A with the option Enable Dns Clustering checked and the DNS role as standalone
    Sated up server B with the option Enable Dns Clustering checked and the DNS role as synchronize Changes

But for some reason this isnt working, and why?
    I moved one of my test accounts from server A to server B deleted the account from server A and activeted it on server B but I cant see the site on browser or access it through cpanel. The strange thing is that I cat access by FTP on server B to the site with the IP but if I try using I still get the server A

Since the manual isnt much of help, can you guys help me out here please?

#1 nbento, Apr 20, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  2. kemis

kemis Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    It sounds like you moved the account, but didn't update that domain's NS records at your registrar? Is this true? If so, then that explains why you can't access the account by name after the move.

When you type in the name, DNS goes to the registrar & see that the NS is pointing to the server the account's not on anymore.

If I'm wrong, let me know. Also, here is a good link I just found that may help with in-depth instructions for what you're wanting to do (sort of):