The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seting up nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by DigiCrime, Apr 16, 2003.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

If I wanted to setup my own nameservers and have named/bind running on the same server is this how I would do it?

I edit a domain and give it reseller priviledges, down below I setup ns1.somedomain.com and ns2.somedomain.com and assign an IP address to both. Go to DNS Functions, Edit the DNS of that reseller domain I just setup, and give it those nameservers I just setup, or leave the nameservers of the hostname? Cause I tried to add the nameservers in my registar it says ns1.somedomain is not a valid nameserver or registered nameserver... :confused:

2. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

Are you trying to give a reseller their own nameservers or just for the main server?

Whatever the case you have to add the nameserver at the register you used for that domain. If you registered domain.com at godaddy you would have to add the ns1 / dns1 or whatever you choose under "Domain Host Information (click here to add)".

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

I have. Im trying to give a domain its own nameservers regardless if its a reseller or not, Ive got the nameserver setup in WHM but when I go to my registar (yes I use godaddy.com) it says its invalid :confused: