Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting a quota on a reseller account that limits all resold accounts as well

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nerdbc, Jun 28, 2005.

1. nerdbc

nerdbc Registered

I have a system with root whm access.

If I create a reseller account with, say, 2GB disk space quota and 5GB bandwidth quota, will all sub-accounts / resold accounts for that reseller be limited as well?

I tried this with a test, creating a reseller account with a quota of 20mb, and then logging into the reseller account and creating a non-reseller account with a 30mb quota. I then logged into cpanel for the resold account and created some sites with fantasico - 25MB of content. The original reseller account then had 10MB used.

The reseller was then using a total of 35MB disk space, though I had created the account with an initial limit of 20mb.

I have seen the "Edit privileges" section under reseller center, and am guessing it is configured here. What settings would i need to use to allow resellers to set quota's on resold accounts, but still keep an overall limit on the reseller plus all resold accounts?

2. nerdbc

nerdbc Registered

Found the solution - use "Resource Limits".