cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter

greektranslator

Jun 5, 2011
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
But I do not see how I can restore or access back ups now. WHM says: "The system cannot restore backups because it does not store those backups locally" and according to OVH "The connection with FTP server is only possible from the level of your server".

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Right, not sure how this can be done. OVH pointed me to this document Using backup storage on a dedicated server

How can I simply list the folders contain in the back up with CENTOS 7.6?
Hi @greektranslator,

If you setup the backup storage as a CIFS mount (the OVH document you linked lists this as an option), then you'd follow the instructions on the following cPanel & WHM document after configuring the local backup directory to the path of the CIFS mount:

How to Resolve CIFS-mounted Backup Drive Permissions Errors - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

EneTar

Dec 19, 2015
Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelMichael cPanel states at Backup Configuration - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation that

We strongly recommend that you do not perform backups to remote filesystems (for example, NFS, CIFS, smbfs, or other types of network drive systems). While you can back up directly to a remote filesystem, cPanel & WHM does not support this configuration.
1) Since OVH supports only CIFS, FTP, FTPS, NFS we are stuck with FTP only? FTP is not secure, can we use FTPS which is supported by OVH?

2) Otherwise do you understand from Using backup storage on a dedicated server that we can use sFTP?

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
1) Since OVH supports only CIFS, FTP, FTPS, NFS we are stuck with FTP only? FTP is not secure, can we use FTPS which is supported by OVH?
FTPS is not supported as backup destination type at this time. You can follow the existing feature request for FTPS support at:

Backup Destination FTP with SSL/TLS support

2) Otherwise do you understand from Using backup storage on a dedicated server that we can use sFTP?
SFTP does not appear to be a supported by OVH per this document.

Thank you.