The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Catchall

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thelexvision, Sep 12, 2008.

1. thelexvision

thelexvision Registered

Hopefully I am not kick-banned for asking such a simple question, but the cpanel help was a bit too vague to help me out.

All i want to do it set up a catchall email, the help just says:

"The first option is to "Send all unrouted e-mail for" a particular domain. Choose the domain you want to setup the "catch-all" email from the drop down menu. Then choose one of the following options: "

I can't find any options to send all unrouted email anywhere, where do I go in my cpanel to find this?

Again I apologize, but any help would be appreciated

#1 thelexvision, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. FreedomBI

FreedomBI Well-Known Member

If you are a cpanel user and not the hosting provider, your host may have disabled setting the default address, as catch-alls are a bad idea. Otherwise, it would be "Default Address" in the mail section of the domain's cpanel.

Just be aware that using a catch-all means you will get a ton of spam, wasting bandwidth, processor, and disk space. Don't worry about people sending to mispelled addresses - any legitimate sender will receive a bounce from their mail server (unless they also mispelled their own email address, in which case you can't reply anyway).

3. thelexvision

thelexvision Registered

Ahh I see I see, can anyone point me in the direction of a host who does allow it?

#3 thelexvision, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008