The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting godaddy nameservers for godaddy domain and dedicated server WHM from another company

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by babitango, Jan 13, 2014.

1. babitango

babitango Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I have domain with godaddy and dedicated server from another company. I have 2 IPs for my dedicated server. I want to use only same domain on my dedicated server.
    I want to use godaddy nameservers like ns*.domaincontrol.com & ns*.domaincontrol.com for my domain. Then on WHOIS these DNS should be visible.
    But I don't know what adjustments should be done in my WHM to use this method.

Do you know how to do this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Is there a specific reason you prefer to use your domain registrar's name servers instead of creating your own private name servers? You can find information on how to register a private name server with GoDaddy at:

How to Register Private Nameservers

Then, simply setup the "A" records for your name servers on the cPanel server and make them your default name servers in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup".

Thank you.