The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting reseller privs/quotas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dory36, Sep 7, 2003.

1. dory36

dory36 Well-Known Member

The WHM 7 documentation (version 1.2) says:

You can limit the amount of accounts that a reseller can create in a number of ways. All methods can
    be used with each other and the effects are cumulative.

• If you want to limit the accounts that the reseller can create by account type, click on the first tick box.
    • If you want to limit the number of accounts that the reseller can creates, click on the second tick box and enter the account limit amount in the amount field. You can also limit these by account type – click on the indented tick box.
    • f you want to limit the accounts that the reseller can create by resources used, disk space and/or bandwidth, click on the third tick box. Enter the resource limits in the Disk Space and Bandwidth fields.

I set the limits for a new reseller account to 100 accounts and 3GB disk/30GB bandwidth. I didn't specify types of packages.

When I log into whm as that new reseller, I see a limit of 12 of the one package type created by that reseller plus the disk/bandwidth limit - no limit on accounts.

When I go back to root whm, all I see for limits are the disk/bandwidth.

Any ideas?

Bill

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. dory36

dory36 Well-Known Member

I set reseller to only create 5 accounts and 3000 MB disk quota, then log in as that reseller.

I created 7 accounts (within disk quota).

Is this feature documented incorrectly?

Bill

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: