The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a 2nd cPanel Server

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by mdsj, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mdsj

mdsj Registered

Oct 10, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This might be a very easy question to answer, which is probably why I'm missing the solution.

I've been successfully running a CentOS 5.x/cPanel cloud set up for quite a few years for my website clients, but I've just won a contract which will outstrip my existing set up.

Part of this new contract is that the client will periodically send out a large mailshot to their clients (In the 1000's) as well as hosting several websites.

For now though, their requirements is for me to host 3 websites and handle the mailshots.

That's the background, and I'm already planning to have dedicated servers during the latter part of next year, but for now, I only want to expand my current set up.

My question is simply, what is the most efficient way for me to expand my current single CentOS 5.x/cPanel cloud server to 2 servers?

Am I right in just setting up a new cPanel server complete with new license, or is there a better way? Ideally I'd like them to act as one entity, but if they have to be independent then thats fine for now.

I have full control over how these servers are set up, from CPU size, to memory, to disk space to as many Static IP addresses as I want.

Thanks in advance,
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Each cPanel server runs independently of the other and will require it's own license.

I'm not clear on your use of the word cloud in that sentence.