Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting up a domain in cpanel!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BladeX, Mar 3, 2005.

1. BladeX

BladeX Member

Hi, im having a little trouble with cpanel,
    i am trying to add a domain to it i have set up the nameservers to point to my server IPs and i think i have setup the DNS correctly and i have added the hostname for my domain but when i try to goto my site it says "The connection was refused" i dont know whether or not i have set up the DNS up correctly i have added three DNS zones, 1 for the hostname and the other 2 for the nameservers.
    i dont know what else to do to set it up,Can please someone help?

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Have you registered the nameservers at your domain registrar?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BladeX

BladeX Member

Yes ive already done that, I think it may be the hostname when i try to add a A entry for a nameserver in Edit Setup it says "Bind reconfiguring on localhost using rndc Error reconfiguring bind on localhost: rndc: connect failed: connection refused" I have put the hostname as localhost.mydomain.com is that what your suppose to put?

#3 BladeX, Mar 3, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2005