Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a notification trigger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrTwoTall, May 23, 2017.

1. MrTwoTall

MrTwoTall Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yesterday we experienced an outage that took a while to resolve, purely because no-one was notified or alerted to the problem.

The problem/error message went something like this:
    Depricated: Non-static method NY_OG_Main_Admin::eek:ption()should not be called statically, assuming $ this from incompatible context in /home/content/plugins/wp-open-graph/output.class on line xxx

To prevent this from happening again, I would like to set up a notification/alert that will send me an email telling me that there is an issue.

I am a total noob when it come to cpanel and web dev stuff, so be gentle.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This looks like an error with the PHP script related to the use of depreciated PHP code. Did this happen after updating the version of PHP on the system?

Thank you.

MrTwoTall likes this.
  3. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi MrTwoTall,

I found a thread nearly 2 years old in the WordPress Support, where a moderator instructed the user to delete the wp-open-graph plugin as it was not compatible with PHP Strict Standards (probably anything after PHP 5.3) I don't know if the wp-open-graph has released any updates to deal with the newer PHP versions - you might have to do some research and optionally :
    • Apply updates as necessary
    • Disable modules that do not work on the PHP version this site is running on
    • Install cloudlinux and alt_php so you can use earlier versions of PHP
    • Re-code the problem class to comply with current PHP requirements.

Anyway, read the thread for yourself and draw your own conclusions Topic: Unable to create new posts or save changes to current ones « WordPress.org Forums

4. MrTwoTall

MrTwoTall Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    The depricated issue did occur right after the PHP and WordPress were updated.
    I now need to create a notification that can alert the Administrator should something like this happen again.