The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a reverse proxy to route around ISP block of inbound port 80 traffic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bronius, Sep 9, 2013.

1. bronius

bronius Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For some local web development that receives callbacks from an external source (Twilio API), I needed to open up my firewall's inbound port :80. It turned out my ISP's consumer-level account prevents traffic on port 80 but allows inbound traffic on 8080. So, I wanted to set up a proxy on my remote VPS running cPanel/WHM but could not crack it. Can anyone help?

The long and the short is, I would like to be able to receive traffic on subdomain.mydomain.com:80 at the VPS, have it forward *as* anysubdomain.mydomain.com:8080 to be *port-forwarded* to :80 on my internal. I've got a handle and complete control over the last step (port forwarding is simple), but how to set up a transparent reverseproxy on cPanel eludes me.

Thanks
    -Bronius

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I moved this out of the "Workarounds" forum to the "cPanel & WHM Discussions" forum. You should get more input here, as the "Workarounds" forum is intended for those that want to post workaround guides in the initial post.

Thank you.