Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a second administrator acount

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nagariku, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Nagariku

Nagariku Registered

Mar 2, 2018
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Apologies as I am not very tech savvy in the sort of way that requires to set up a website, but as a website owner I am looking for way to give a friend rights to set up and/or do everything. Installation, plugin addon, database set-up, you name it.

As I don't know how to do it without granting a my login and password, I am seeking out help.

I bought hosting with a webhosting plan, and cPanel was integrated into the system, if that is of any help.
    #1 Nagariku, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

There's no way to grant an additional user access to the features offered in your cPanel account without providing them with your login information. You can create individual accounts for services (e.g. FTP, Email), but that won't allow them to use cPanel. A feature request is open for what you are looking for at:

Multiple cPanel Logins (cPanel Subusers)

Thank you.
    Robin tech likes this.