The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up cPanel a cpanel accounton two different servers, how to do this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malloc, Nov 29, 2012.

1. malloc

malloc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,
    I had a question. I have a website with databases on it, its a forum based site. I have it on a server with ns1/ns2.mydomain.com and the servers ips. So I wanted to have it so that if that server goes down, it would pick up on another server. So I was going to get another server and have my websites nameservers say ns3/ns4 with this ones ips. Now if my first server goes down, it will load on the new server, right? But my question is. Do I upload my website and its databases to both servers? And when things are changing (lets say I get a few thousand visitors a month) and people are posting in the forum, to which server will these MySQL database changes go to? I'm just confused. Will data end up going into one servers MySQL, but not on the other? I would appreciate it, I just don't understand to much. I'm not too new to cpanel/whm, but this would be my first time setting up one cpanel account on two servers with a database. Thank you guys