The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up CPanel in behind a firewall in a DMZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sclayton, Jul 21, 2005.

1. sclayton

sclayton Member

Hi

has anybody ever setup CPanel behind a firewall in a DMZ? I have looked at a couple of posts that seem to have done but they are quite hard to understand.

The bit I am really stuck on, and it might sound simple, is that of adding New IP Addresses in WHM. When placing the CPanel server in the DMZ I am assigning it a local address of 192.168.20.105, I port forward all of the incomming requests on the external IP from my firewall through to the relevant CPanel ports on my local server, 192.168.20.105, but what IP addresses should be assinged within WHM, local or external?

My other issues regards nameservers, and I think this is part of the same issue, at present I only have one machine that can host a nameserver, i.e. my CPanel server 192.168.20.105, how do I go about setting up the nameservers correctly so that when I host other domains all they have to do is change their nameservers to my nameservers? Do I just add two free internal ip addresses with "Add New IP Address' within WHM, i.e. 192.168.20.106 and 192.168.20.107? Then assign these to the namservers? If I do it this way how will external people see my nameservers?

sorry that there are so many question.

thanks.

2. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

3. sclayton

sclayton Member

ok, thanks, I will move it out from behind the firewall