The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up cPanel + modernbill step-by-step

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anders2b, Dec 20, 2003.

1. anders2b

anders2b Registered

Hello, i just ordered modernbill + Cpanel, and i was wondering if anyone had a tutorial or would like to help create one for everyone to use based on how to setup plans that work with both programs, and how to make cPanel function with Modernbill correctly. i would be very interested in helping once i learn the system better. :)

2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There's no step by step needed. The documentation spells out completely how to do everything (and I mean everything).

-- Generate key in WHM

-- in modernbill, go to tools->system config-> Server API ->CPanel. Edit that section, make sure to enable it

-- in modernbill, go to tools->system->server API config, change that correctly, make sure that you have things as you want them.

-- in modernbill, setup the ordering packages, etc. When you're done with them, go back, click on the package (from the package setup menu), you'll see (at the bottom) Insert CPanel attributes. Go in there, insert all the attributes you need. Generally, I don't even setup a plan in WHM for them, I just use the modernbill attributes. Haven't had a problem with that in any way.

-- in modernbill, setup the bandwidth stuff (how much they get, how much extra, all that stuff). That's right next to the CPanel features.

-- Edit whatever group you use to set the packages up in (in modernbill), choose no username, no password (these will cause problems with modernbill unfortunately, I have yet to find a way around them), set max username to 8 characters, minimum to whatever you want (2 I think is the minimum, but who knows). If you don't change the max username, mb will try to create 10 character usernames and cpanel will throw a big ol hissy fit about it (though I think 10 character usernames are just fine myself).

-- from the shell, edit your crontab to auto-insert the queue if you want it to. I have mine checked and inserted every 10 minutes.

I've done this myself, tested it and had no problems at all.

3. moogle

moogle Well-Known Member

What is the command to create that cron?