The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Dns NameServer Using whm root

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by william321, Jul 14, 2007.

1. william321

william321 Member

I Just Brought a dedicated server With Cpanel the other day and it said i want to setup dns for my server for clients and i have been given the ip from my host and went to my domain provider to do it which i have done and setup with my old domain wikdesigns.com and when i go to it now its not pointing to my new host my old host when my ns1.wikdesigns.com ip is my new host do i need to setupop anything in cpanel or whm for this i have been told to read the cpanel read me but nothing came useful?

Sorry about all this how can i fix this ?

2. outlaw web

outlaw web Well-Known Member

ok

How to setup your own name servers in WHM/cpanel......remember to add all the ip's that the server company has provided you with to the ip address pool via the menu on the left hand side.

http://www.webhostingresourcekit.com/191.html

OWM

3. william321

william321 Member

Thanks for the link ill check it out.

4. Drewley

Drewley Member

if you need any help setting up the A records, feel free to contact me via msn, it can be confusing for beginners!