The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up email with website at another IP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pacdad21, Jul 14, 2006.

1. pacdad21

pacdad21 Registered

This is gonna be difficult to explain, But here goes.
    My ServerHOST is Company A, The LIVE EXCHANGE HOST is Company B, and ME (hosting) is Company C.
    I recently moved all my sites (let's say 10 sites for reference) to another server.

All 10 sites are listed in my Account Listings. 9 of those sites are hosted by me (my IP in the 'A'). I receive email for each of those.
    The 10th site is sent elsewhere to be hosted (A Live exchange Ticket Network). This is the site that I'm having trouble with receiving email. I keep getting LOGIN TO INCOMING SERVER errors. [I have a parallel website (.net, .info, etc.) available if necessary.]
    On the old server, I changed something in the EDIT DNS ZONE to make my email work to WEBSITE A, but I can't recall what it was. I thought I copied everything from one whm to the other, but evidently something is wrong. I've tried using WEBSITE B as an alternative in the EDZ, and it'll work through the test message in Outlook, but not outside the immediate network (yahoo, whatever).
    Ok, Company A thinks they have it figured out, but didn't. They changed everything back to default, and unhooked my direct link to Company B. So, I changed the 'A' Records BACK to Company B's IP. THAT site is back up and working, but I still can't receive email.
    Company B does not handle my Mail Server. (in fact i don't know who does. Prob Company A)
    I need find out how to set the EDZ up so I can receive email for Website#10, and leave the 'A' record IP the same.

HELP.

Paul