tdesigns

Registered
Mar 9, 2010
Hello,

I have looked all over the internet to set up a mail account using cpanel (I am quite new to this). The problem is every tutorial shows the user clicking on a mail button, but the only button I have in the mail section is 'MX Entry' button. I am not sure why and I have no other buttons in that section?

Also as I have a blog on my website the blog cant seem to send emails out, I asked at a wordpress forum and they mentioned it will be settings on your hosting server, they told me to use a plugin which had SMTP options, I have no idea what these are and no idea where to find, for example, 'SMTP host name' or 'SMTP port' etc.

I am assuming these problems are related as they are both to do with emails from my host server?

Is my cpanel hosting plan just wrong for what i am trying to do? Is there anyway I can find out my SMTP details and get the mail buttons to show?

thanks

tdesigns

thewebhosting

May 9, 2008
To send the email you will have to use the SMTP authentication in your email settings. You will have to contact your hosting provider to get the SMTP authentication details.