Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting up Google Drive Backup Issues

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by angelleye, Jun 17, 2018.

1. angelleye

angelleye Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm trying to follow this guide for setting up my Google Drive as a remote location for my WHM Backup tool. I was able to create the Google Drive API credentials just fine, and everything there seems good.

Now I'm trying to follow the section for "Create a Google Drive transport" where I would setup Google Drive as my remote location to transfer the backups. Step 8 of the documentation says:

Click Generate Credentials to generate the credentials file. A new tab will appear that allows you to authorize access to your Google Drive data.

However, when I click that button I get a message that says:

You have already generated credentials for this transport. You do not need to do so again.

It does not show many any tab or give me any sort of a Google authentication that I would expect here, and then of course the validation fails.

I have never gone through this process before, so I'm not sure why it's telling me I've already generated the credentials. Any information about how to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @angelleye

If you run the following via SSH what is the output?
    Code:
    grep -r google /var/cpanel/backups/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. angelleye

angelleye Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    @cPanelLauren,

I get "nothing" as the result. It just falls to the next line in the terminal ready for me to make a new command.

4. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @angelleye

If you did have something set up already I would expect an output - I definitely get a return on my server. Could you open a ticket using the link in my signature so that we can take a closer look? We won't be able to set it up for you but we'd at least be able to test the configuration of the google backup drive and ensure there isn't some cached data from a previous attempt. Once the ticket is open please update this thread with the ticket ID as well.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. angelleye

angelleye Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yeah, this is the very first time I've ever set this up, so I was indeed confused when it was telling me it was already setup.

Are you wanting me to post as a feature request?

6. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @angelleye

No, I want you to open a support request, you can do this by clicking the Submit A Support Ticket link in my signature, open the ticket then let us know here what the ticket ID is so we can track it.

Thanks!

7. angelleye

angelleye Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Okay, thanks. I was about to create the ticket but it tells me I should submit a ticket with my hosting provider first, so I'll do that and if they can't help I'll complete the ticket. I'll update this thread either way. Thanks.

8. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @angelleye

That sounds like a plan! Just let us know here if you do end up opening a ticket with us or if your provider is able to help you resolve the issue.

Thanks!

9. angelleye

angelleye Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Ugh, I didn't realize my browser pop-up blocker was blocking the Google Authentication window. That was the only problem. Once I unblocked that I was able to approve and now things seem to be hooked up properly.

10. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @angelleye

Oh no! I'm glad you found the issue though! Thanks for updating here as well so it can potentially help others in the same situation.

Thanks!