Setting up hostnames. to route to another ip

XV|DanS

Registered
Mar 2, 2005
Setting up domins. to route to another ip

Hello all. Not sure if correct title but here we go.

I have a reseller account for hurricanehost.com with there vent servers. For me to sell vent with my domain name on it i need to add the hostname or domain name,

voice01.xvision-hosting.com and have it link to his ip for his server. And so on for the rest. I know you do this threw WHM but i dont know how. And the guy from hurricane host is too busy to help me out.

Last edited:

Jsm

Registered
Oct 25, 2004
Ok , im not sure if this is the right ansa but here we go,
Log into your cpanel , click sub-domains then make one (i.e voice01) then when that is made go to the thing which says setup rediricton , then make sure the one you just made is selected then click Redirection , then type the ip in into the box , if u need any help i can make you a picture tutorial if you need.

Jsm

Registered
Oct 25, 2004
Ok give me a day or 2 , im a bit on the lazy side (if u dont realy need it dont ask use google lol if u need it know i will do it ;))

picoyak

Jun 10, 2004
Jsm said:
Ok give me a day or 2 , im a bit on the lazy side (if u dont realy need it dont ask use google lol if u need it know i will do it ;))
dude I was just being sarcastic as a response to your sarcasm answering the original post. don't bother.