Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting up MX records question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by zalocus, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zalocus

zalocus Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello, On Shared Hosting it is very easy beceuse u get your pedefined MX Entries and evrything what is needed for EMAIL to work.

But now I have a Problem, I have now my own Server with cPanel what MX entries I need to use here PTR also need to be added I think? I'm A beginner in this Email things. My Domain is registred by GoDaddy but I have my Server with a different Host where I can find the MX records that need to be used to make my Email delivery safe?

Please explain to me without tutorials I cant uderstand so good this PRO tutorials

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    if you are using the servers mail server (not 3rd party) then the default MX that cpanel sets just be fine.
    you can access @
    Home >DNS Functions > Edit DNS Zone in Web host manager to modify

you are listed as a reseller so your provider should all ready have the rDNS set up

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @zalocus,

The previous answer is correct. Additionally, here's a link you may find helpful since you referenced using GoDaddy:

https://in.godaddy.com/help/add-an-mx-record-19234

You may also want to contact GoDaddy's support team for help determining which specific MX records to use.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zalocus

zalocus Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thank you, I spend now last 2 days reading and still can't fix the error when I check my Domain with intodns.

The Error is: The MX records that do not seem valid hostname:

Now I asked my Hoster where I have my Server! He told me the DNS Settings inside cPanel/WHM have no effect on my Domain only inside the Customer Panel of my Hoster, there I need to add a New Zone for my Domain and here I can Edit my DNS Entries,

this makes not much sense for me but OK I listened to the Hoster and I tried everything to get the MX error work but nothing Helps, I simply cannot understand why I need to Edit DNS in the Customer Panel of my Hoster and not in my Cpanel DNS Settings have no effect, The Hoster told me it is becuese I use his Name-Servers If I would use my own than I can change it inside cPanel.

I started again searching on Forums and google and I found some people with same problem the Answer was most of the Time that the Header need to be setup in Telnet or the Hostname neet to be changed of cPanel, or the Mail.Domain.com MX 1.2.3.4 need to be set (what actually is). I really did't know that I need to go so deep (telnet) to make my Server i rent working as my Mailserver and send out Emails.

Or Maybe the problem is so simple to solve but I cant see the solution, if had the same problem as a beginner please give me some tips. Big Thank you!

#4 zalocus, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you have access to your domain registrar's administrative interface? If so, you can follow the document below for help creating your own name servers:

How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

6. zalocus

zalocus Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
  7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you send me a private message with the specific domain name that's not working so I can take a closer look?

Thank you.

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, it looks like the MX record is setup correctly. The warning message on IntoDNS was a false positive.

Thank you.