The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Name Servers in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WebNET-Internet, Jan 1, 2003.

1. WebNET-Internet

WebNET-Internet Registered

Jan 1, 2003
    Can someone here post the correct directions on this? Did a search here and nothing signifigant came up.

I'm new to this software. So, please no flaming me out :)

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2002
    I asked this a while back somewhere else and I havent tried it yet but this is the responce they gave me

Under Server Setup, go to Manage Nameserver IPs and type in the name server name you want to use. Cpanel would take the next available IP and assigned it. The feature is not all that flexible because it does not let you select the IP address you want to use.

I guess one stupid way of going around this is to go to Show/Edit Reserved IPs and reserve those you do not want to use as DNS. Then do the DNS thingy and come back here and unreserved the rest

At this time, I restarted the Name Server. Might not be necessary but that was what I did.

Then I go to the Edit Setup, scroll all the way down to the Primary Nameserver part type in my newly created name server and click Assign IP Address, this should show up the IP address which you have assigned. If all works fine, that should so. Then do a Click 'Add an A entry .... ' . Do it for the Secondary and you are one step closer to home.

Now go to your domain name registrant and add the two Nameservers to that domain name you are tagging the nameservers to. You will just need the name server name and the IP address. Give it a couple of days 24 to 48 but if you can wait a week then do so. Do a ping from outside your network or nslookup and see if that nameserver shows up before you change the nameserver entries for your sites. Don't wait too much downtime there though

anyways, thats what I got, I havent tested it yet or anything but if it helps you, hey, more the merrier :)