Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting up nameservers help!

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by xlovergirl, May 3, 2009.

1. xlovergirl

xlovergirl Registered

I don't know if I'm setting up my nameservers right. I have read SO many articles and tutorials on the net and I haven't seem to get it right. I'm using the cpanel trial to see if I can get this thing working before I start actually paying money for it. So here's my problem....

I have one domain name with godaddy. I have already setup the nameserver hosts (ns1.rendz.com & ns2.rendz.com, both point to my ip address at 24.113.99.182) and changed my domain nameservers to the nameservers I just created. I set my hostname to serverone.rendz.com. But I'd like to use rendz.com to publish my site, but when I create an account and go to rendz.com it won't show up. But I can see the site when it uses the ip address at http://24.113.99.182/~rendz

I have one domain name and one ip address, but I see nameservers using two different ip addresses like 24.113.99.182 & 24.113.99.183. How would I go about on getting another ip address for my nameserver? I seriously don't know if this is how it goes so please don't bash the newbie.

I don't even know if my WHM setup configuration is setup correctly.

2. nilesh_kolte

nilesh_kolte Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I checked the domain it not give any result. For Dns record.

Query for DNS records for rendz.com failed: Timed out

Please check the setting for domain in server. You can check that in WHM >> DNS Manager >> Edit DNS >> domain.com

check the entry you have there.

One more thing the ip http://24.113.99.182/ is also not working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xlovergirl

xlovergirl Registered

It dont work now because I shut down my VM for about 2 days now. I'm beginning to just like give up if I don't figure this out soon.

4. shaqun

shaqun Registered