The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up nameservers on own cpanel server

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Ley, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Ley

Ley Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am currently running a server on freebsd with cpanel. I have 1 reseller account on my server with 1 domain, on this account i made 76 subdomains / accounts.

Lets say my domain is test.com (reseller).

And reseller adds accounts with domain names: account.test.com and user account.

This will be seen as a test.com subdomain and it can be accesible trough account.test.com or www.test.com/~account/

My domain test.com does not run on my own server but at my domain host. I want all subdomains to be accesible with account.test.com but then i have to point my main domain to my own server for this to work, thats no problem i guess...but:

My questions is if i got 1 ip adres and that is 1.1.1.2 (wan ip) and my lan ip is : 192.168.1.50 where and what do i need to config for it so all subdomains are routeable correctly? I need to change nameservers? TO what? to my WAN ip or my LAN ip?

(my server is on my lan and now it runs nameserver on lan ip, do i need to change this to something like ns1.test.com and ns2.test.com ?)

Please someone help.

2. Ley

Ley Well-Known Member

Please guys this is important for my customers...i want to offer more free accounts but till this is fixed i cant :(

3. Ley

Ley Well-Known Member