Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting Up Private Nameservers Issue

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by vkvkvk, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vkvkvk

vkvkvk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I face some issues when trying to add private name servers to WHM.

I followed the instructions, added the two name servers in the basic webhost manager setup, confirmed the IP addresses to create the A records and finally registered the two name servers to my domain name provider.

What I notice though, is that if I go to the “Show IP address Usage” (I have 3 available IPs in the server) the two of them I configured for the name servers are not stating that they are used for the name servers.

Using Centos 7.4 with WHM v68.0.19

I checked on another WHM server I manage and I see that it is displayed there.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

"WHM >> Show IP Address Usage" will show HTTP, FTP, and mail usage. You should use "WHM >> Nameserver Record Report" if you want to see nameserver usage.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vkvkvk

vkvkvk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for answering,
    This is exactly my issue. My system has 3 IPs. I use the first one as the primary and the rest for the name servers. I enter them successfully in the Basic Setup, I see them in the Nameserver record report, but when I go to the Show IP address Usage, name servers are not assigned to the IPs. As it is a brand new system I can also provide credentials with a pm for you to see if you need to.
    Thanking you in advance

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The name servers are not supposed to appear in "WHM >> Show IP Address Usage" unless you've set them up as subdomains to an account. There is nothing wrong with the configuration based on the information you provided, and DNS should work as expected.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...