The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up reseller with root access...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deu12000, Sep 26, 2003.

1. deu12000

deu12000 Member

I am on a reseller account with root access. I decided to set up an additional reseller account. It didn't work out properly. In Reseller Center it only gives me options for
    Account Creation
    All Features (warning: root access)
    Edit DNS Entries
    View Server Status

How do I get the rest of the features to come up? I want to give the guy a full featured reseller account without having to give him root access.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. stftk14

stftk14 Well-Known Member

i doubt you are on a reseller account with root access. That would be worthless as that would be the same thing for you as a dedicated server. If you really had root access to that server, you would have all the features listed in the normal WHM.

You realize if someone gave you a root reseller account you could go in and do anything to anyone elses data since you have total access?

3. deu12000

deu12000 Member

The thing is I can do anything to anyone elses account. They are all in the WHM. I can change everyone's settings. I can do anything I want. I just can't figure out how to get the reseller account I made to work properly.

4. stftk14

stftk14 Well-Known Member

Wow. I know there is an option in WHM to create a root reseller account, but i see no point in that because that is a dedicated server.

To tell you the truth, if you are on a server where the people running it dont even know what they are doing by giving resellers root, you shouldnt be on it...

That means that another reseller could just go into your customers accounts and delete or do anything they want, not very good.

5. deu12000

deu12000 Member

Well, thanks for the answer, but you still haven't replied to my questions. How do I make a full featured reseller account without giving him root access?

6. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

Well.. as much as I suggest not doing it... this will give you everything except shell access. In the "Edit Reseller" menu check everything except:
    Account Modification
    Allow Creation of Packages with Shell Access
    Never allow creation of accounts with shell access

Then under "Account functions", goto "Manage shell access", and make him disabled.

7. deu12000

deu12000 Member

In the Reseller Center it doesn't give me all those options to check off. I know that there is suppose to be a big list of options for making a new reseller account, but the only thing I see is:
    Account Creation
    Edit DNS Entries
    View Server Status

That's it. None of the other options are visible. How do I make the other options visible?