IRZQ88

Sep 18, 2016
Indonesia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Dear All,

I've 2 IP in my server, 1 for main shared IP, and the second one is dedicated IP for one of my domain. My question is where do i have to set the second IP for reverse dns? (for emailing purposes). Because as you know, the hostname already been used for the main shared IP. Sorry if this a repost question. Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You will need to reach out to your data center or hosting provider to have them setup a RDNS entry for your IP address pointing back to your server's hostname. It's not possible to configure the record via cPanel & WHM unless your provider has delegated the ability to do this to your server (this is rare).

Thank you.

IRZQ88

Sep 18, 2016
Indonesia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

You will need to reach out to your data center or hosting provider to have them setup a RDNS entry for your IP address pointing back to your server's hostname. It's not possible to configure the record via cPanel & WHM unless your provider has delegated the ability to do this to your server (this is rare).

Thank you.
Yes i know, but i mean where do i have to point my second IP? Because as you know my hostname already point to my main shared IP. Or is it possible to setup 2 IP pointing to 1 hostname for reverse DNS? Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011