Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Setting Up Reverse DNS

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by IRZQ88, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IRZQ88

IRZQ88 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear All,

I've 2 IP in my server, 1 for main shared IP, and the second one is dedicated IP for one of my domain. My question is where do i have to set the second IP for reverse dns? (for emailing purposes). Because as you know, the hostname already been used for the main shared IP. Sorry if this a repost question. Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will need to reach out to your data center or hosting provider to have them setup a RDNS entry for your IP address pointing back to your server's hostname. It's not possible to configure the record via cPanel & WHM unless your provider has delegated the ability to do this to your server (this is rare).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IRZQ88

IRZQ88 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes i know, but i mean where do i have to point my second IP? Because as you know my hostname already point to my main shared IP. Or is it possible to setup 2 IP pointing to 1 hostname for reverse DNS? Thanks.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...