The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up SSL for Server based domains/ports.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petru, Nov 28, 2014.

1. petru

petru Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

I've recently transferred by Server to a new Datacenter and while I'm in the mood to do work on it as I've been doing for the past week, I'd like to finally set up an SSL certificate for the 2087 and 2083 ports.

I'm not sure how to configure the SSL so I'll give you the basic details of what I've done and hopefully you can tell me why it's not working.

I purchased the SSL under the hostname eg server1.xxx.com.

then went to "Manage Service SSL Certificates" in WHM.

under "Choose one or more services for SSL certificate installation:"
    I selected all of the below

cPanel/WHM/Webmail Service
    Dovecot Mail Server
    Exim (SMTP) Server
    FTP Server

I then added the Certificate details to all of the 3 boxed below and it had a green tick when I entered the details
    and clicked "Install"

it then asked to restart HTTPD I believe and clicked proceed and it restarted the service without errors.

I then checked to see if the SSL worked but it didn't, Still says "untrusted" on Cpanel login pages and WHM login pages.

Then I restarted all services via SSH using "/etc/init.d/cpanel restart"

But it still doesn't seem to be working.

The SSL was purchased from VentraIP which is a Trustwave SSL.

Any Ideas on why it's not working would be great!

Regards,
    Petru

- - - Updated - - -

I Also changed the name of the Hostname just before I entered it into the SSL configuration prior to purchasing it. If that makes any difference. Maybe a propagation issue or something.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

After SSL installations of the services, You can check Certificate Details through WHM >> Service Configuration »Manage Service SSL Certificates >> and Click on Certificate Details , You will get the all details of your SSL certificate. So check it which SSL Certificate is currently using your services. Also try to login your WHM with https://SERVER-HOSTNAME:2087

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you accessing cPanel/WHM with a URL that matches the hostname that you installed the certificate for? Have you configured the redirect options under the "Redirection" tab in "Tweak Settings" to ensure login requests are redirected to the SSL Certificate Name?

Thank you.