The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jan.gestre, May 8, 2007.

1. jan.gestre

jan.gestre Registered

Hi guys,

I'm a new user of CPanel and I am experiencing some problems regarding setting up websites, actually I dunno where to begin. Currently we are hosting several sites on our local servers and we are migrating it all to a dedicated server managed via CPanel. I created several users that will manage his own domain/site and I also uploaded the html/www files to each user's home folder and now this where my dilemma begins, I don't know what to do next, I can't find any documentations on how to put up a website using CPanel. Any of you guys any idea what I should do next? When I logged on the shell I see a public_html directory and it contains several directories inside it, is this the directory where I should copy my web files? What about the existing directories inside the public_html directory, should I delete them or ovewrite them or something?

TIA

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

short reply:

use the search button at the top of the forums... answered plenty of times. :)

3. ericgregory

ericgregory Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There are indeed plenty of posts on this, but I'll save you the effort :) Basically, you need to put all your site data in the public_html directory. If there are already any existing directories there, (i.e. cgi-bin) leave them alone. All you've got to do is use an ftp client or the cPanel file manager and upload all your site data there.

I hope this helps :)