The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup Reseller Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hurgh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. hurgh

hurgh Member

Hi All,

I have done a lot of searching and feel a bit stupid asking this, but I can not seem to find the answer any where else.

I have a completly fresh install of cPanel, it has been configured with all the usual settings that I have found in other tuts. There is no packages or features setup, just Default and disabled.

I am trying/wanting to setup a Reseller account for myself so that I can setup user accounts using it.

I have created a "domain" and user (just a dummy domain etc), and ticket the box that says reseller account etc. When I log into this new account using WHM, I have very limited options. I assume that being a "reseller" account I should be able to create other accounts in WHM but I have no options to do this under the menu options. I log into cPanel using this "reseller" account and I can add domains, email, ftp, etc, and I have tested and I can get to the site, and ftp things to it (put the dummy domain in my host file). It looks like it is just a standard user account, not a "reseller" account.

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to get a "reseller" account working, or am I missing something simple, or am I missing the point of the "reseller" account, does it work differently to how I am thinking?

I assume it might have something to do with the Packages and features, so I setup a feature with everything ticket, and then setup a package to use this feature. Then i assigned this package to my "reseller" account, and still nothing extra in WHM, and cPanel seems to be the same.

If anyone has any suggestions, articles i can read, simple how to, steps to follow, check boxes to check, anything that may help me understand how to do what I am doing, that would be great.

Thanks

-Hurgh-

2. hurgh

hurgh Member

Found it

Doh,

Just after I posted, I seem to have stumbled across what i was missing.

WHM -> Resellers -> Reseller Center

Under there if I edit the reseller permitions of the account, I can set it to show the "create account" menu item etc.

I am sure I will have more questions about this after playing around a bit but for now, this has answered my questions.

-Hurgh-