The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup SSL on an existing virtual domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fog, Jan 5, 2003.

1. fog

fog Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have yet to setup an SSL certificate, but due to our move to a merchant account I need to. The domain I need the secure order section for is already on the machine as a virtual domain (shares an IP with all the other names).

Could someone give me a step by step guide to setting this up? I'd also like recomendations or where to buy the cert if I need to buy one. The server has a cert of some sort because it pops up when I go to enter WHM. Can this cert be used for my order form?

2. fog

fog Well-Known Member

Can I assign the existing virtual domain an IP without losing the domian's content? I know on Ensim you had to delete the domain and re-create the account as an IP domain in order to do it.

3. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

Yep you can :)

You do not need to remove and recreate the account.

4. fog

fog Well-Known Member

Okay.. I don't have the option to buy an SSL cert in my panel even though I am way past the required build. I also get none found when I click fetch for the info on my server to setup a cert??

5. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

Switch the skin

XSkin (and perhaps others) don't yet have the online purchase option included. The default ones (blue, etc) have it.

- Jason