The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup VPS Questions

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Rogger Shaw, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Rogger Shaw

Rogger Shaw Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I am new to this forum and would appreciate, if anybody can help me in setting my VPS or guide me thoroughly how to optimize it. I have a VPS from Godaddy, the issue is my sites are slow and are not working as they should. Both sites uses best themes and limited number of plugins plus one install of WHMCS. This is the main server that i am going to setup for my New Hosting company under which i will have more servers to sell hosting.

The Server came with CENTOS 6.6 x86_64 virtuozzo and Apache. I am also considering of installing NGINX but i have no experience in this regard. Anyhow, you are a great community and can sort out the issues better than anyone else.

Now, My Questions are:

1. Can i install NGINX?
    2. Does WHMCS works with NGINX?
    3. What are the best way to configure two WordPress installs? Like do i need to have separate accounts or install them under one User main account? Does it affect anything on speed?

Waiting for your tips and advices.

Thanks,

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

1. You can surely setup nginx on your VM with cPanel.
    2. Yes, WHMCS works with nginx. It just needs LAMP/WAMP servers.
    3. It completely depends on your requirements. If you wish to have multiple wordpress instances on single domain then surely you can do it or you can use the multi wordpress function for more than 2 instances.

I hope I have answered your questions but besides this, if you go with reverse nginx proxy over apache that will be an added advantage.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please keep in mind that while it's true you can use Nginx, it's not officially supported by cPanel so we won't be able to troubleshoot any issues you encounter related to it's implementation.

Thank you.