The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guillermo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Guillermo

Guillermo Registered

Having a baby account, how can I use more than one domain, so that the URL of the second domain is http://seconddomain.com. The way I managed to set it up, the URL is http://seconddomain.firstdomain.com. I don't want the address of the first domain to show on the second domain. How do I set things to have the URLs be separate and independent for different domain names?
    Thanks, Guillermo

2. S3v3n

S3v3n Member

From what Im reading it looks like your talking about Parked and Addon domains

If enabled you need to setup the Second Domain in either the Parked Domains or Addon Domain Section of cPanel depending on what you are trying to do. A Parked domain would use the same home page as your primary domain. a Addon domain would give it its own directory.

3. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

There are a couple of different options. You've created a subdomain which in reality is just a folder inside your main domain that is accessible by domain2.domain1.com or domain1.com/domain2.

If you wish for domain2.com to have entirely different content than domain1, you'll need to create an Addon domain. You can then store the addon domain in /home/yourusername/domain2.com or any other directory of your choosing.

If you wish for domain1.com and domain2.com to be the same website, you'll need to choose a Parked Domain.

NOTE: Depending on your web hosting account, you may not have access to Parked or Addon domains, these types of features sometimes require an upgrade with your host.