The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tapan, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a dedicated server with Cent OS 4.x and CPanel/WHM. Now yesterday night the mail server started behaving ubnormally. I tried ti send a email but the outlook express kept on popping up with user/pass box.

So i asked server team to check ...after few minutes the mail server went wacko and i was unable to connect to smtp server at all. So now situation was that i can't send emails at all. Then i tried to send a test email from my gmail account to my server account and it bounced back.

Though i was able to check email but i was not getting anything at all becuase server was bouncing all emails back to senders. So at that point i came to know that there was some major issue with mail server.

Then i raised this issue with server team and they are unable to fix it till now. ANyways in morning i checked my server and it was too slow. I tried to login into root WHM and it was also very slow and did'nt loaded up properly. After few minutes the 3rd party monitoring emails started coming saying that server went down. I asked the server team and they said that server usage went over 105% and needs a hard reboot..which i did and it came back to normal...but still everything except mail is working.

I am and all other clients are still unable to send/receive emails. Can anyone tell me what seems to be the problem ?

Thanks.

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

A few answers are needed:
    Is exim running?
    What do the exim logs say?Are you running mailscanner?
    What processes were causing the high server load?​

3. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes exim was running.
    I don't know how to check Logs
    According to admin the corn system caused the high load and crash.

Thanks.

4. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Try these >>

If les in installed

chattr -i /var/lib/rpm/*
    /scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/upcp --force