The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe Caching Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webkar, Nov 24, 2004.

1. webkar

webkar Active Member

Hello,

After recent updates to cpanel my users (specially developers) critisize of serious caching issues.

Even 7 days after updating pages, web server delivers old pages (both html and some php pages).

To become sure that this is related to Cpanel servers I tested the issue on another server (a plain redhat) and saw that it is not the case. And pages update when you change or update them. In my tests I always empty my browser cache everytime.

What setting or software may effect this? How can I fix this as it becomes a real issue for my customers.

As I told they update the pages and sometimes after 10 days they can not see updated pages.

Regards,
    Mac

2. bluesaga

bluesaga Member

try using different cacheing software, JPCache <- very good open source software, do a search on google

3. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

Have you changed servers to a cPanel server and forgot to update your name servers ? :p
    go and check your dns if it is resolving correctly http://www.dnsstuff.com/

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with cPanel servers as they don't use any mechanism to cache pages, unless you've manually messed around with Apache or installed squid on the server. The problem is either with the ISP's proxy cache (usually transparent) or elsewhere. You can confirm this easily enough by using lynx from the shell prompt on the server.