JamesKemp

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I am using latest version of cPanel with CentOS 7 and for some reason I am unable to connect using SFTP.

I had changed the SSH port and can easily connect using Putty, but when trying to connect using an SFTP application I am getting the following error (I have tried multiple SFTP applications):

Can't connect to IP:1114. SFTP21 error = #0. 0

After changing the SSH port I had run the following command:

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 1114 -j ACCEPT

Please advise.

Thank you!

syslint

Verifed Vendor
Oct 9, 2006
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Can't connect to IP:1114. SFTP21 error = #0. 0
I think your are entering port in the IP/Host field . Please check your sftp client settings.

JamesKemp

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am able to connect to other servers using the same SFTP application.

Is there something that needs to be configured in order for SFTP to work on latest version of cPanel with CentOS 7 (64bit)?
It's fresh installation.

Thank you!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Check the /var/log/secure log file when the login attempt fails to see if there's any specific output. Also, have you tried accessing SFTP via the command line to rule out any issues with your SFTP client?

Thank you.

JamesKemp

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Michael,

The secure log is showing the following error every time I try to use SFTP:

fatal: no matching cipher found: client 3des-cbc,arcfour,cast128-cbc,twofish-cbc,blowfish-cbc,twofish128-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes256-cbc server[removed],aes256-ctr,aes128-ctr [preauth]

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The secure log is showing the following error every time I try to use SFTP:
Are you accessing SFTP with a specific client, or via the command line on your workstation? Do you receive the same error message when using different SFTP clients?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
That suggests an issue with your CuteFTP client's SFTP configuration. I suggest utilizing one of their support options to determine if it's possible to workaround their required cipher settings, of if they can provide you with more details on the required ciphers:

Support

Thank you.