Aug 11, 2021
unbited stats
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello my friends.
Have a nice time.
I have a site that looks like Spotify.
This means that users can upload songs.
The songs that are uploaded are placed in the upload folder in public html.
I want the songs uploaded by the user to be transferred to the download host so that the original host space is not taken.
Is it possible for the songs that are uploaded in the upload folder to be transferred to the download host and from now on all the songs that are uploaded to be downloaded to the host?
Thank you for your help.

alipingo

Registered
Aug 11, 2021
unbited stats
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by the "download host" but in general, files are not able to be shared across cPanel user accounts.
My general goal is to share a folder between two hosts so that the folder contents folder is loaded on the download host instead of the main host so that the main host space is not taken up.

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In this case, it seems to have been a separate server intended for file management and download capabilities. As Rex mentioned, while it is certainly possible to achieve this automatic offload to the "download host", there aren't any tools in cPanel that would perform that work for you. A custom script would be needed that could run as a cron job once a day, to move the files over to the alternate location.

You will need to work with your developer or system administrator to configure and apply the custom script.

Reactions: Honey57Mates