The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share packages between resellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jalons, Jun 26, 2004.

1. jalons

jalons Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

Recently we've set up a secondary reseller and would like them to be able to use the same packages as the first reseller. However, when we go to create the accounts with the packages through the new account's WHM, we get the following error:

You are not allowed to create <package name>

Did I miss a setting during the reseller setup? Can you even share the packages between resellers? If you can not share them, why are they appearing as valid choices during account creation?

Thanks in advance.

2. jalons

jalons Member
    PartnerNOC

Doh

Sorry about this one guys. This will teach me to have a cup of coffee prior to attempting to answer support tickets.

The problem was in account limits all number allowed were set to 0, so none could be created.

Bad boy, go sit in the corner (until the coffee finishes brewing at least :))

3. jalons

jalons Member
    PartnerNOC

Plot thickens

Ok, I've had my coffee, and still this is being a pain in the rump.

The reseller is set to Limit account creation to pre-assigned packages, with 100 accounts maximum created and are limited by Resource Usage as well. They have been set up with 3 gigs of HD space, and 40 gigs of bandwidth a month. Each package is set to allow creation, and the number allowed is set to 0 (since they're being held to resources, not how many of each one can they create).

The reseller has enough resources free to allow the creation of the new account, yet still when attempted to create accounts I receive the same error (You are not allowed to create <package name>).

:confused: