The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared drive on VPS with WHM/Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nasplet, Jun 9, 2011.

1. nasplet

nasplet Member

Hi

I just bought a VPS with Godaddy and have cpanel installed on it (WHM and Cpanel). I would like to somehow install a shared drive on it. Is this possible? I don't want a script that would allow me to upload files, I would like to use my VPS as Shared drive, from which our employees will be able to open files directly. Is there an option to install something ike that through WHM?

Thanks alot for your answers and help in advance!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The purpose of a VPS machine with cPanel on it would be to allow users to have email and web accounts online. A shared drive is better setup internally rather than using a VPS to do so. If you want to share files otherwise, dropbox is a good place to look for sharing files. I am uncertain the purpose of trying to use a VPS with cPanel for this type of function.

3. nasplet

nasplet Member

I know it would be better done internally, but we are on more locations... Could it be done through WHM?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a reason FTP isn't available to utilize for this? Otherwise, you might consider WebDAV, which can be enabled in WHM > EasyApache (Apache Update) area if Proxy is enabled in the Step 6 Exhaustive Options list. After enabling Proxy if it wasn't already, recompile Apache there in EasyApache, then go to WHM > Feature Manager and ensure the default feature list you are using has "Web Disk" selected.

5. nasplet

nasplet Member

Thank you! I will try and do that :)