The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared Hosting email problems and configuration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by natelabo, May 7, 2012.

1. natelabo

natelabo Registered

May 3, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alright I have been trying to configure a server to send email for 3 months now and can't get this stupid crap to work consistently. I purchased cPanel thinking that this program could configure it easier then what I was using... But besides the point...

I have 3 personal domains setup in a shared IP enviroment.

Domain1 was setup as principal primary domain. Server name is "mail". DNS record exists for "". PTR record with ISP is set to "". System passes all tests on

From there I added and in cPanel. I pointed MX records for these to "". System is able to send/receive mail from these domains. System can email of the harder servers I configured for) from all domains.

I having trouble emailing from and These messages get hung up in the queue. Is this standard in a shared hosting enviroment what is set wrong? I can't take it anymore please help. I'm thinking it is some kind of DNS related issue. But I have no clue... Here is a sample queue failure:
      cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1SRTO2-0000sk-VO
    delivering 1SRTO2-0000sk-VO
    Connecting to []:25 ... connected
      SMTP<< 220 imp05 ?? ESMTP server ready 20120507 173427
      SMTP>> EHLO
      SMTP<< 250-imp05 hello [75.XXX.79.XXX], ?? pleased to meet you
             250-SIZE 15728640
             250 OK
      SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=1693
      SMTP<< 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure
      SMTP>> QUIT
      == ******** R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (-45): SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=1693: host []: 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure