The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared IP for a reseller?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iolaus, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Iolaus

Iolaus Registered

Greetings!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I've searched the forum and couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have a box with 5 IP addresses. I don't sell hosting. Up to this point, I have used the box only for my own domains. I have a JV partner that I want to share some of my space with. I'd like to set up a reseller account for him so he can add and manage his own domains.

Can I give him an IP address separate from the main server IP address and have him share that among his domains?

I've gone through the reseller center to Manage Reseller Ip Delegation and restricted the IPs his account can use. I then went to Manage Reseller Main Shared/Ipless Ip and selected the same IP address from the drop down menu. I though this should give me the function that I need.

I logged into this reseller's WHM and when I tried to create an account to test it, I got a message saying "couldn't find ip". Is there any way to share my additional IPs among more than one domain?

Thanks

2. sphost

sphost Well-Known Member

this is exactly what made me join this forum, can you help here guys ?
    how can i provide each reseller a unique IP to use for his site and for his clients ?

regards

3. bonnmac

bonnmac Well-Known Member

In the "Reseller Center" You'll see "Manage Reseller Main Shared/Ipless Ip" find the reseller you want and click "ok" In there you will find the option you are looking for.

4. Iolaus

Iolaus Registered

bonmac,

Please look at my original post. I've already done what you've suggested and each time I try to test the account I can only add one domain. After that, it tells me it can't find an ip when I try to create additional accounts from this reseller account.

5. bonnmac

bonnmac Well-Known Member

Hmmm, you might want to put in a support ticket, because this option works for me. :(

6. Iolaus

Iolaus Registered

Thanks, bonnmac. The confirmation that I was doing it right and that it's working for you at least makes me know I'm not crazy.

7. sphost

sphost Well-Known Member

me too, i have a lot of free IPs, yet, none of them shows in this section of my WHM !!

8. carmatec

carmatec Member

There should be a file with the resellers username in /var/cpanel/mainips. Just edit the IP and input the resellers dedicated Ip (the one you want all his accounts to be created with).