The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shared ip question

Discussion in 'Security' started by line1one, Aug 8, 2009.

1. line1one

line1one Registered

I added an ip address, went to the reseller center and designated it as a shared ip and then began assigning it to several domains.

I have mod_userdir protection enabled so that you cannot use the tilde and the username after the ip to access the root page.

But if you just use the ip alone it brings up the first domain in the list of domains I assigned.

I would like some control over that. Any help?

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Make sure the default page for your server is the first virtualhost listed in /usr/local/apache/conf/httd.conf

Whatever is listed first (usually the default Cpanel page) will be shown when you connect to the server by IP address.

You can also create a site with that IP address to be used as the default page for the IP address and move the virtualhost container to the first listed in the httpd.conf file so that it becomes the default page for the IP address instead of an active site that you might not want displayed.