The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared IPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by g4pcjeremy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. g4pcjeremy

g4pcjeremy Member

Generally, I'd beat my head off my desk and figure this out on my own but I'm having some trouble today getting anything done and figured it probably would be best to come here and ask instead.

Here's the basic rundown:
    My company rents out game servers, as such, we need to be able to create accounts for users in WHM/cpanel which share what few IP addresses we have available. For instance, our game servers would run off for example, xxx.xxx.xxx.100, our voice servers off of xxx.xxx.xxx.101, etc etc.

There are about 3 accounts created in WHM currently, and now when I try to install/create a new account in the system, it informs me that I don't have an IP available to use, I'm not sure what I need to do to get this working for us and need some help on it heh.

2. g4pcjeremy

g4pcjeremy Member

Generally, I'd beat my head off my desk and figure this out on my own but I'm having some trouble today getting anything done and figured it probably would be best to come here and ask instead.

Here's the basic rundown:
    My company rents out game servers, as such, we need to be able to create accounts for users in WHM/cpanel which share what few IP addresses we have available. For instance, our game servers would run off for example, xxx.xxx.xxx.100, our voice servers off of xxx.xxx.xxx.101, etc etc.

There are about 3 accounts created in WHM currently, and now when I try to install/create a new account in the system, it informs me that I don't have an IP available to use, I'm not sure what I need to do to get this working for us and need some help on it heh.

3. g4pcjeremy

g4pcjeremy Member

Nevermind, resolved.. I had to recreate the package, for some reason it was not checked to created dedicated IP addresses, but it was anyways, once I recreated the package all worked fine.